Analog Devices Basic and Analog Signal Fundamentals
Before the study of the analog devices, we would need to study the characteristics of the analog signal.Information which is to be converted into the electrical form of signals and suitable for transmission by using analog devices from one place to other is called Signal.
There are two kinds of signals:-
(a) Analog Signal
(b) Digital Signal
An analog signal is signals which continuously varying with respect to time.Where time is to be considered independent variable and signal is the dependent variable. In this case,time-varying signals are in continuous mode all-time point since initial to the final range. i.e., analogous to another time varying signal.
Explained since image above:-
Since the above image pick range in (+120 volt to -120 volt) where the red color signal is always in continuous mode without having discontinuous point within initial to the final range.
Features of Analog Signal:
- Continuous Waveforms
- Can get all desired ranges
- Uses for voice communication (Ex. Tele-Conversation)
What are Analog devices?
The device & media both are the combined form of the analog devices that can together simultaneously detect and measure, record, or reproduce continuous information, for example, the almost infinite number of grades of transparency, voltage, resistance, rotation, or pressure.
Product Catagory & Sub-Catagory of Analog Devices must need to be clearly familiar
Digital Devices are obtained by digitized Analog Signal.
- Main advantages are an infinite amount of data.
- Density is too high.
- Processing and Managing processes are very easy.
- Obtained Precision is much good.
(1) The unwanted noise signal is recording.
(2) If we transmit the signal for a long distance then automatically occur unwanted disturbance.
(3) Generation loss could not be compensated for this type of signals.
(4) In case of the Analog applications, Accuracy is lower than digital applications.
An example of Practical Application of the continuous signal is talking conversation on the mobile phone.